Gather information about your application.
- How much water do you need each day?
- Where is the water coming from? A dam, creek, tank or bore?
- Where is it going to? A dam or tank?
- What is the height that the water is bring lifted ie from the surface of water in source to the height of the outlet? (Read Pumping Head Explained)
- Where can I put my solar panels?
Additional information which would be helpful:
- Distance between pump and outlet.
- Pipe size
- Flow of bore
Initial selection (based on static head)
Look at the table of pumps below.
Pump Flows at Various Heads
Look down the left hand column till you find the head you require.
Look across the row until you find a value slightly higher than your daily water needs. The pump shown at the top of the column may meet your needs. There may be more than one pump which will meet your needs.
For the pumps selected in Step 2 Estimate the friction head. Refer to Pumping Head Explained This will give you the Dynamic head.
Repeat Step 3 with the new figure.
|Head metres||3” Helical 250w||3” Helical 500w||3” Centrifugal 500w||4” Helical 500w||4” Centrifugal 500w||4” Helical 1000w||4” Centrifugal 1000w||5” Centrifugal 1000w||Pressure Pump 250w|
Still not sure which will be best for you? Then Contact Us